Early Achievement Award
- 2017 CTTC Early Achievement Awards:
- Tony Q.S. Quek for contributions to the modeling and analysis of cognitive radio and heterogeneous networks.
- Deniz Gündüz for contributions to fundamental results in wireless communications theory for source and channel coding, cooperative communications and energy harvesting.
- 2016 CTTC Early Achievement Award:
- Marios Kountouris for contributions to MIMO, limited feedback, and analysis of cellular and ad hoc networks.
A recognition plaque.
Basis For Judging
The CTTC Early Achievement Award will recognize members of the CTTC who have achieved early career visibility in the field through research and service and who (i) have participated in the CTTC (e.g., attended CTTC meetings, attended CTW, served CTTC in a significant capacity, been member of the TPC for ICC/GLOBECOM) and (ii) are within 10 yearsof their Ph.D.
Annually, at GLOBECOM, or by request the Communication Theory Workshop or ICC. No more than two awards will be given per year.
Nomination packages consist of a one page nominating statement by the individual nominating the candidate, the candidate’s curriculum vitae and up to three letters of support (each no longer than a page). All documents should be combined into a single pdf file. The nomination package can be submitted here. For 2018, nominations are due on July 31, 2018; in subsequent years, nominations will be due on June 30 of the year the award is to be made. Current CTTC Awards Committee members and CTTC leadership (chair, vice-chair and secretary) cannot be nominated.
CTTC Awards Committee
The CTTC Awards Committee consists of the following 5 members:
- Urbashi Mitra, Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Behnaam Aazhang, committee member
- David Gesbert, committee member
- Sennur Ulukus, committee member
- Matthew Valenti, committee member